Asset Impact is a growing team of developers, analysts, and sustainable finance specialists working to provide data about the climate transition.
Asset Impact (AI) is an impact-driven climate start-up.
As we’re expanding our data coverage for the energy sector, we are looking for an Energy Analyst to join our team. If you’re passionate about modelling the future of energy assets, especially in the oil and gas sector, we would love to hear from you.
In your role within AI’s Data Team, you will:
- Help develop a new approach to our global forecasting model for oil and gas assets (wells, fields, blocks, etc.). This requires a highly structured analytical approach and involves working with many distinct datasets with high variance in the availability of technical indicators.
- Support the enhancement of our oil and gas emissions methodology.
- Source data on energy assets, such as oil and gas wells, from commercial, open source, and public datasets (including geolocation, production and technical characteristics of each asset) .
- Contribute to the expansion of our database and data products into new parts of the energy sector, and additional heavy industry sectors.
- Support continuous improvement of data and analytics for the energy and heavy industry sectors already covered by AI.
Location and duration
- Paris of Berlin in-person (or partially remote).
- Right to work in France or Germany.
- Passion for the energy sector, sustainability, and data.
- Advanced degree in engineering, ideally petroleum engineering, or related technical fields.
- Deep knowledge of the energy sector. Specialization in oil and gas extraction is a plus.
- Experience developing, testing, and applying models for large and complex datasets. Knowledge of decline curve analysis, and/or more advanced forecasting techniques applied to oil and gas production such as machine learning (e.g., tree-based methods or neural networks), is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and solve large, complex technical problems with limited supervision.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of a widely-used coding language, preferably Python and/or R.
- English as a working language.
- A dynamic international team of data scientists, analysts, sustainable finance specialists, and developers passionate about the climate transition.
- A rapidly growing organization with a lot of opportunities to get hands-on experience, make your voice heard and help shape our future.
- A mission that brings together technology and impact.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and location.
- Offices in the centers of Paris and Berlin.
We are recruiting for this position on a rolling basis. Please send your CV and a cover letter via this link. We want motivated candidates – no need to tick all the skills and experience boxes! Phone interviews will be organized with shortlisted candidates, followed by a case-study and a final interview with the leadership team.
Asset Impact is proud to be an equal opportunity workspace.
Find out more at https://asset-impact.gresb.com/
AI is an impact-driven climate start-up. Our vision is of a financial system that sets the global economy on a path to net zero emissions. We are a specialist provider of climate data and analytics used by financial institutions to achieve emissions reductions in the real economy. Our asset-based data and analytics cover the most carbon-intensive sectors of the global economy and map more than 250,000 physical assets across nine industry sectors – linked to more than 60,000 listed and private companies – to issued securities.
Our clients, mostly financial institutions, include large global organizations such as the 1,000+ financial institutions applying the PACTA tool, Barclays for its BlueTrackTM tool, ING for its Terra climate approach, and PwC for its Climate Excellence Tool.
AI was established in 2018 in Paris, and works globally. We became part of GRESB, the leading ESG benchmark for real estate and infrastructure investments, in 2022 after spinning off from the 2° Investing Initiative, an innovative international think tank working to align financial markets with climate goals. We are expanding rapidly to support the growing needs of financial institutions as they embark on their journey to decarbonization.